Friday, November 16, 2007

Week 9 -- YouTube

Libraries have been taking the ride using it to promote their services and collections. Texas State Library And Archive commission has couple clips to promote the Texshare database at. But the champion goes to UC Berkley. http://www.youtube.com/profile_play_list?user=ucberkeley provides you the top quality of college education.

My 9th grade daughter is taking biology class. At the open house, the teacher said that he only uses textbook and all the students need to do to get a good grade is reading the textbook and memorize the terminology. I would think that with new technology and flashing web resources, biology class could really wow the students. What a shame. (The school hired a new teacher not becase he is bad. Fortunately, my daughter was moved to the new class. ) I found this site from one of the blogs I subscribe to. Professor Marian Diamond, a charming lady truly wowed me. I actually went through her first class. I went to many first classes in college. It was never like this. Watch how this profession carried herself through the first class.

I watched it when it was first posted and now it was viewed more than 76,000. The comments are fantastic as one said "Lol. Some people said she's a gem. You got that right. Of course she's a gem, then why would her last name be Diamond? XD"

See for yourself.

No comments: