Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Week 6 -- Del.icio.us

Del.icio.us can be a very good reference tool. Your bookmarks are stored on a webserver and are accessible through the Internet anytime and anywhere. The mobility if offered is less important to me since I have Netvibes to serve as a personal portal that allows me to have direct access to the bookmarks on my del.icio.us account. I can also make any changes directly onto my del.icio.us from there. However, there is one big advantage of having a del.icio.us account. As a web 2.0 social network tool, it allows you to search other people's bookmarks. You still have to evaluate the site before using it but at least it has been used and evaluated by someone else. The number of people who have saved that site also gives you some hint.

No comments: