Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Week 2 -- Help a six year old find her sense of Humor?

My two kids have had the benefit of their mom being a librarian since they were born. They always grab books wherever they go. One summer morning on their way to their summer school, my six year old daughter picked up one of the books on her seat and started reading. It was a beautiful morning and the moving clouds in different shapes in the blue sky caught my eyes. "Look at the sky and tell me what you see?" It was a game that I used to play when I was little girl. Deep in her reading, my daughter replied,” I am sorry Mommy; I have lost my sense of humor." A six year old girl tries to use big words to explain that she lost her humor! Busy looking at the beautiful sky and not realizing that the green light had turned red, I slammed on the brakes; books falling off the seats. My three year old son eagerly volunteered. "Where is it? Let me help you find it." He was thinking his sister had lost some books. "No thanks!” my daughter said, “You can't find it." “Yes, I can” said my son. I laughed so hard because my three year old son did find his sister’s sense of humor that had lost her sense of IMAGINATION.

No comments: